- Continuing, full-time role
- Located at the Perth (Bentley) Campus, Western Australia
- ALB ($101,079 - $119,738 per annum) - ALC ($123,467 - $142,128 per annum)
- Job Reference: 897114
Curtin’s School of Accounting, Economics and Finance is seeking to enhance its capacity in research in finance through the appointment of a Teaching and Research Finance Academic on a full time, continuing basis. Applications are invited at the level of Senior Lecturer or Lecturer.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: In this exciting new role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver high quality teaching to undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing reflective improvement in teaching.
- Conduct tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions, as appropriate, which stimulate and foster student learning.
- Undertake nationally competitive and high quality research in Finance.
- Publish/exhibit in high quality refereed journals/outlets in manner consistent with the expectations of the discipline of Finance.
- Significantly contribute to external activities relevant to the discipline/profession and community engagement.
If you are a suitably qualified Academic, seeking an opportunity for on-going career development through membership of an excellent and collegial team of Finance academics, with access to high quality research datasets - please read on.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered for this role, you will need to satisfy the following essential criteria:
- A doctoral qualification in Finance
- An established record of highly productive research outputs Finance with regular publication in high quality refereed academic journals, consistent with an international reputation in the field of Finance.
- A record of successful external grant applications in Finance or related disciplines.
- A record of leadership in the Finance discipline at either an international or national level.
- Significant experience and record of mentoring colleagues including early career researchers.
- Significant experience and record of providing supervision to higher degree research (HDR) students.
- A demonstrated record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in teaching Finance.
- Demonstrated achievement in the discipline of Finance through the scholarly development and delivery of high-quality educational courses.
Additionally, appointments made at the Senior Lecturer level are expected to provide leadership in research and teaching to early career academics and to have supervisory experience.
FURTHER I9NFORMATION: To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Robert Durand - Finance Discipline Lead on (+61) (08) 9266 9971.
JOIN US! Your application should include a cover letter, your CV and separate document addressing the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the generic ALB and ALC Academic Role Statements, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: 11:59pm AWST, 9 June 2022
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks, and provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination and booster (if eligible).
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team at email@example.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The School is multidisciplinary and offers a range of programs including high quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Finance. Continually fine-tuned to keep them relevant, our courses provide students with an intellectually stimulating educational experience. The School has an ambitious world-standard research agenda in Finance and, through this, aims to provide a learning environment that combines high-quality and innovative teaching practices.
Additionally, our vibrant Bentley campus includes an art gallery, gym/childcare and medical centre, endless food options and great parking and public transport options.
For more info on our university visit https://www.curtin.edu.au/